Friday, November 5, 2010

Realize your profession

I sometimes wonder what held me back then when I was about to write what I am narrating today many years later - Fear? Consciousness? Perhaps both or a manifestation of both. It takes a lot to realize an iota of what one really is - I think I have but reached just the tip of the iceberg; therefore the haste in writing. Duality exists - it is what makes us human. We see all existence with dual eyes - and perception of every eye is never overruled by the other - therefore the binocular duality; notwithstanding the dreams and astral visualization we witness as we tend to sleep, I reckon we still see it with multiple visions - the reason is simple, as mortals born on this earth, we have been entrusted with almost everything in dual or plural form - funny, we have never trust One. Not intending to be sarcastic, it is but true, we question even ourselves; our own very shadows when in doubt. My two cents - the dollar bill should have read - "In ONE God we trust".

Astrology is extremely interesting - astrological predictions are so apparent to so many so quickly - I have witnessed some folks who can predict events accurately to the day and month. Yet, some unfortunate folks like me who have studied astronomy and its applications in astrology in depth for many years are still afraid of making a basic prediction. Why? Because duality persists in a mortal like me, it does not in the privileged. Privileged? I call it privileged because these humans are endowed with something which I am not. Well, every every step towards divinity is timed with a purpose - a purpose well laid out well before life is born and by when it will be snuffed.

Let's understand one thing - there is no such thing as fate - not if you are a seeker. While you are a maker of your own destiny; the destiny is only confined to earth and not beyond. If the very purpose of our existence was just a mere molecular, chemical interaction with compatible molecular structures (I have no idea what that could really mean), then this life, this existence could be very well be explained. Unfortunately genetics and genetical growth patterns, unlike classical, statistical, predictive algorithms are very predictive in their manifestations. While mediocre parents tend to produce mediocrity, it is difficult to explain how a child who is merely two and a half years old know fully well that the computer mouse sets navigational cursors on the computer screen and not outside and sliding the thumb left to right unlocks the IPhone, never having seen one before. It's baffling what genes can do.

Nature will never send us back in time, unless there is a purpose - I would rephrase that - unless God has a purpose. While we are confronted with the ever changing landscape of man made technology (good or bad); something still beckons us to seek the immortal, the beliefs that constitute our spiritual genes.

Allow me to revert back to where I started - duality vis-à-vis non-duality. We as human beings get attracted to one of the duality in a certain time of our lives. Astrology can accurately state when. There was a time when I would find myself completely lost if I were not up to date on the latest that technology had to offer. I had to be on the cutting edge, not just abreast. The malefic in 10th from the moon ensured that was the driving force. The benefic from the ascendant in the 10th lay silent till a few months from now. The switch in duality makes me laugh when I realize the lessons it has taught me. The 10th house is far from the ascendant - it should be, it determines your purpose and direction in life - illegitimately called the profession. The profession is only one side of the coin and quite the veiled side. Following the Ninth house which determines your inclination towards righteousness (otherwise spirituality), the tenth house could never have befallen into anything as materialistic as profession. The 10th house is your direction - you have a choice - stay with materialism or stay out of it. I used the words 'out of it' - materialism must not drive you. Money is needed - it is badly needed if you want to even spend a few minutes in spiritualistic purposes; but it can never appease the insides.

The 11th house benefits from the 10th. It is a house of benefits not fortunes. The 10th can only lead to the 11th. I learnt this lesson from a strongly inclined business person many years back - something which no MBA will ever teach - that money is meant to be spent and some of it saved for a rainy day. Spend, expend what your 10th house offers to the maximum - that will fulfill the needs of the 11th and whatever's left will be needed when the going gets rough in the 12th.

No comments: